Bringing Employees to Canada

Intra Company Transfers

Intra Company Transfers

These permits allow a company to bring a certain employees to Canada from its offices abroad without a LMIA.


About Intra Company Transfers

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is not required when gaining a work permit through this program, although workers and employers who use the Intra Company Transfer must adhere to all provisions governing temporary work in Canada, this includes obtaining a Temporary Resident Visa, if necessary.

To take part in this program, a transferee must have at least one year of full-time work experience with the foreign business and be performing comparable work when at the Canadian affiliate. This work must fall under one of three categories:

Executive- An employee who directs the management of the business or a major component of it.
Senior Managerial- An employee who manages all/part of the business and supervises/controls the work of other managers/professional employees.
Specialized Knowledge- An employee who possesses expertise of the company’s product/service, or an advanced knowledge in the enterprise’s processes and procedures.

Need help in bringing your employees from abroad?